Laboratory Services: Slurry Sample
- Particle Size Analysis (via wet &dry screening)
- Pulp Density & Solids Content (%solids)
- Solid Specific Gravity
Slurry sample characterization, may be conducted by us or
by others, and should include liquor and solids specific gravities,
particle size distribution of solids, P80 calculation, and
normal or expected pH ranges for process streams. Such
specific determinations should be made on each distinct sample
tested by PI, Inc.
- Size Analysis
- Wet and dry screening techniques used provide size distribution
data down to 37 microns. Data used for calculation
of D90, P80 and D50.
- Solids Content Determination
- Gravimetric methods are used to determine the total suspended
solids content (TSS) and total dissolved solids (TDS) of
the slurry sample.
- Specific Gravity Measurements
- Pulp density and liquid density are measured and used
with solids content to calculate the solid specific gravity.